**UPDATE: Our next clinic is scheduled for June 14, 2021. This will be for cats and rabbits only. (Sorry, no dogs.) Pre-registration, including payment in full, is required. Please give us a call at 802-484-5829 to check availability (space is limited) and to register today.
Due to the volume of animals that come to the shelter on clinic days, we ask everybody to adhere to our guidelines below to ensure the best possible experience for all.
2021 CLINIC DATES
January 25 — Cat and Rabbits Only
February 15 — Cats and Rabbits Only
March 15 — Cats and Rabbits Only
April 12 — Cats and Rabbits Only
May 10 — Cats and Rabbits Only
June 14 — Cats and Rabbits Only
July 19 — Cats and Rabbits Only
PLEASE NOTE: Pre-registration, including payment in full, is required. Contact us at 802-484-5829 to register and to check availability. We have limited spaces in each clinic, which are filled on a first come/first serve basis.
Once you are registered, we will send you an email confirmation with the clinic details. If you have any questions, please call us to discuss.
CLINIC FEES: We require payment in full for the spay or neuter and needed vaccinations at the time of registration. The balance for vaccinations, flea treatments, etc., is due at pick-up time. We accept cash or credit card only.
- Dog Spay: $130.00
- Dog Neutered: $110.00
- Cat Spay: $75.00
- Cat Neuter: $65.00
- Rabbit (male or female): $95.00
- Rabies and Distemper Vaccinations: $10.00 per vaccination
- Flea Treatment: $5 per cat; $10 per dog
- Microchipping: $20.00
- Other fees may apply at time of pick-up
LOCATION: Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society, 4832 Route 44, West Windsor, VT
CHECK IN TIME: 8 AM – 8:30 AM
PICK UP TIME:
Dogs: 3:30 – 4:00 PM.
Cats: 3:45 – 4:15 PM
Any animal not picked up by 4:15 PM will be boarded for the evening and you will be charged an additional $35.
- All cats must be in a carrier.
- If you are bringing multiple cats, each cat needs their own carrier.
- If we have to provide you with a carrier for the day, there will be an additional charge of $10.
- All dogs must be on a non-extending leash.
- If your animal is up-to-date on rabies vaccination, you must bring proof of the vaccination with you. If your animal is not up-to-date and is over 12-weeks of age, they must receive a vaccination at the clinic.
- All animals must be fasted for the clinic. Do not offer any food after 8 PM the night before the clinic to them. They can have water.
CHECKING-IN: All animals must arrive between 8:00AM and 8:30AM. We ask that you stay in your car – let us come to you! Pull into an empty parking spot. We will move as a team from car to car as quickly as possible. In order to ensure proper social distancing, we are not permitting anybody to enter the building other than staff. Since we will be in close proximity to you, please wear a face covering as we approach you. We will be wearing ours!
We will review the paperwork and needed procedures as efficiently as possible with you at your car. All cats must be safely in a crate and all dogs must be on a leash. If you have a crated cat or dog, we will ask you to remove the crate from your car and place them in the designated spot nearby. If you have a leashed dog, we will ask you to remove them from your car. Once we have our leash safely attached, we will ask you to remove your leash.
PICK-UP: When you return later in the day to pick-up your animal, we will essentially follow the same process. When you arrive, please pull in to an empty parking spot and wait for us to come to you. Again, please make sure you are wearing a face covering.
This is all a very new process to us, and we appreciate your patience. We’re excited and relieved to be able to begin our clinics again, and will do our best to make it a smooth and safe process for everybody!