We encourage all pet owners to have an emergency plan in place for their pets if they should become seriously ill or require hospitalization. Here are some suggested steps:
- Identify a family member or friend who can care for pets if someone in the household becomes too ill to care for pets.
- Have crates, food and extra supplies on hand for movement and relocation of pets if necessary.
- Keep all animal vaccines up to date in the event that boarding becomes necessary.
- Ensure that all medications are documented with dosages and administering directions. It’s a good idea to include the prescription from your veterinarian with the medications and your pet’s to-go bag.
- Pets should have proper identification: a collar with ID tag and a microchip with current, up-to date contact information.
Please remember that the Lucy Mackenzie Pet Pantry is here for all – no questions asked. We have a generous supply of cat and dog food, litter, crates and much more to help you care for your pet during challenging times. Call us at 802-484-5829 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.