Below is a listing of our current open positions at Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society. Please contact Jackie Stanley with inquiries at email@example.com.
PART-TIME ANIMAL CARE PROVIDER
Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society is seeking a self-motivated, multi-tasking individual to join our team. If you love animals and people, this may just be the job for you!
Days & Hours: Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM
The primary functions of this position are to provide quality care to our animals, assist the public and maintain the cleanliness of the shelter.
Basic Responsibilities Include:
- Daily cleaning of assigned area (dog kennels, cat rooms or intake area)
- Feeding animals
- Medicating and treating animals, as needed
- Providing customer assistance in person, on the phone, and in email correspondences
- Introducing animals to visitors, and making recommendations on possible adoptions
- Providing animals with enrichment and training
- Documenting health of animals and reporting abnormalities and concerns as instructed
- Processing surrender and stray requests
- Assisting with intake of new animals
- Processing adoption applications
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Replenishing area supplies
- Maintaining cleanliness of facility and property
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Ideal candidates will possess basic knowledge of animal behavior and will have experience in an animal shelter or similar environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unaided
- Must be interested in animal sheltering and welfare
- Must be reliable and detail oriented
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work
- Regular attendance
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow guidelines and policies of LMHS
- Be available to work holidays, as needed
- Practice good communication
- Work well in a team setting
- Show compassion in all areas
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Possess ability to prioritize
If you would like to apply for this position, please click here and you will be redirected to our online employment application. (Please note: You will have the option of uploading your current resume and cover letter during this process.)
Please contact Jackie Stanley, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Updated August 5, 2019