The Lucy Mac 5K9 is one of our largest fundraisers of the year, making its success so very important. Hundreds of homeless and neglected animals make their way to Lucy Mackenzie every year. Once in our care, our staff and volunteers make every effort to ensure that the animals are healthy, well-adjusted and ready to be matched with a home that will cherish them for the rest of their lives — something that all animals deserve!
After you register for the Lucy Mac 5K9, create your very own fundraising page. Go to www.crowdrise.com/lucy-mac-5k9 and click “Join Campaign.” From there, you can either create your own fundraising page by selecting “Create Your Own Team” or join an existing team by selecting “Join a Team.” Within minutes, you will be guided through creating your very own fundraising page.
FUNDRAISING HINTS AND TIPS:
– Start off by setting a goal! Determine the amount you’d like to rase to help keep yourself focused. Aim high! Here are a few numbers to put things in perspective: $50 will vaccinate a puppy; $100 will vaccinate a mother and her kittens; $500 will spay or neuter eight of our animals; $1,000 will feed all the cats at Lucy Mackenzie for one month.
– Create your own fundraiser on CrowdRise! This will become a useful social media tool for you. See instructions above.
– Take advantage of social media! Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more to spread the word and promote your fundraising efforts. Provide a link to your CrowdRise fundraising page making it easy for people to donate.
– Email everybody you know! Tell them why you are fundraising for Lucy Mackenzie. Perhaps you’ve adopted from here, or you’re a volunteer. Perhaps you’re doing this in honor of your own animals because they have such a special place in your heart. Share your story about why Lucy Mackenzie is important to you.
– Ask and ask often! The only way you will get donation is if you ask. Think of every animal lover you know and plead your case. Pick up the phone or knock on doors.
Above all, HAVE FUN AND FEEL GOOD KNOWING THAT YOU’RE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF HUNDREDS OF ANIMALS!